21.7.11

Writing Breaks: The Frustrating Kind

I've started a new story (secret codename: TOLT).

Finding this story's beginning was a pain.  It started with getting stood up and discovered, then waiting for a late friend and witnessing murder and then doing a favor for a friend, witnessing a murder, and being chased.

Version #1: 17 pages
Version #2: 6 pages
Version #3: 0 pages

The reason for the 0 pages is because I haven't started writing the third version yet.  I've got the entire first scene in my head and I know from experience that if I run through it mentally over and over again, it will be that much easier to write.

I find it annoying that I spent 17 pages writing only to discover that it was wrong.  Then another 6 pages to find out I was still wrong.  If I write more than ten pages this time and discover I was wrong again, I'm going to go postal on my characters.

Jeepers.

No comments:

Post a Comment